Northern Illinois Criminal and Juvenile Defense Lawyers
At Whitted, Takiff + Hansen, LLC, we provide experienced adult criminal defense and juvenile defense for clients the greater Chicago area, Cook County, Lake County, DuPage County, and the other collar counties, and throughout northern Illinois.
Our team of trial lawyers includes former public defenders, a former attorney for the Cook County Office of the Public Guardian, a former juvenile court probation officer, and a former judge.
We are available to provide adult or juvenile defense for people charged with any felony, misdemeanor or ordinance violation, including:
- Drug offenses, such as drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, sales or distribution, possession with intent to deliver, or prescription drug fraud
- DUI/DWI/drunk driving charges
- Truancy or curfew violations
- Underage drinking, minor in possession of alcohol, or underage smoking
- Theft and property offenses, including auto theft, theft at school, theft of school property, credit card theft, shoplifting and vandalism
- Assault and aggravated assault, including assaults on school staff, fights at school, and domestic violence
- Internet harassment such as MySpace harassment and MySpace bullying
- Bomb threats or threats of violence
- Violent crimes
We understand the serious consequences a criminal conviction can have for parents, children, and family members, and we are committed to protecting your rights. In both adult and juvenile defense, our goal is to help you resolve your criminal charges in the most positive way possible under the circumstances.
In juvenile defense cases, our attorneys focus on protecting your child’s future and his or her right to an education. We will strive to keep his or her criminal and school records clean and to prevent or minimize the consequences of a criminal conviction, such as loss of eligibility for college financial aid. Since we are familiar with IEPs and mental health information, we can present mitigation knowledgeably and persuasively.
Personal attention and accessibility are key components of our representation. We take the time to learn about your case and to offer you practical, realistic options.
Contact us through this Web site or by calling 847-564-8662 to speak with an experienced and dedicated criminal defense lawyer.